Each sponsorship item below includes its own unique recognition. You will also be widely recognized as a supporting, silver, gold, or platinum sponsor of the 2012 Annual Conference, depending on your total investment level. Click Here to see what added recognition you’ll receive as a conference sponsor, match your total investment with the sponsorship recognition details.
We are always willing to tailor something to fit your specific needs. For any questions or to discuss your sponsorship needs, contact John Walsh at 703.647.4917.
2012 Welcome Reception
Gain dynamic recognition through your support of the most visible event of the Annual Conference. This event will take place at 7:15 on Sunday evening, immediately following the General Session keynote speech. Attendees will network and relax over a refreshing beverage and Chicago’s finest cheesecake, while getting ready for a spectacular conference. SLA is expecting 1,500 or more attendees, and will honor its 2012 award recipients and volunteer leaders.
- Signage at venue
- Signage in high-traffic area at conference featuring reception sponsors
- Recognition at General Session; before (on jumbo-screens), during, and as part of conclusion speech to send attendees on their way to the reception
- Inclusion in house ad in final conference program publicizing the event
Wine Bar Reception (Exclusive)
Enjoy a leisurely chat with attendees at your booth over a glass of wine. Wine bars are only located in your area, and you will be supplied with tickets to invite your top prospects. This event will take place on Sunday during the networking reception, during the last two hours of the INFO-EXPO hall hours. Wine bars are the perfect way to make a positive and lasting impression!
- Two signs at your booth
- One sign at the hall entrance
- 500 tickets to mail to your clients and prospects
- Two wine bar stations at your booth with 8 ½”x11″ signs on the bar
Refreshment Breaks (Sun, Mon, Tues) – Each is exclusive
With their busy schedules and limited time for refreshments, SLA 2012 attendees will be looking for much-needed food and drink. Associate your brand with these coffee and refreshment breaks, and build your buzz!
- Signs on refreshment tables in the INFO-EXPO
- signage at your booth and at the registration center
- House ad in the Final Conference Program with sponsor recognition
- Sponsor has the option to place advertising materials on refreshment tables and provide cups with corporate logos.
Refreshment breaks are scheduled during the following non-conflict times:
- Taste of Chicago Welcome Reception: Sunday, 15 July, 3 - 5 p.m. - SOLD
- Gain recognition during the last two hours of the INFO-EXPO’s excitement-filled opening day, where attendees will enjoy a taste of Chicago. Food will be divided into various stations, and you’ll be recognized at each!
- Magnificent Mile: Monday, 16 July, 2 - 4 p.m.
- This event will offer a wonderful tasting-tour that is sure to offer something for every attendee.
- Lincoln Park Networking Lunch: Tuesday, 17 July, 12 - 2 p.m.
- All full-conference attendees will be given vouchers to enjoy lunch in the INFO-EXPO hall, and get some last-minute networking in with vendors and colleagues. This is a great opportunity to display materials on tables and branded seat-drops.
Hot Topic Session
Establish your organization as an industry expert on a topic that is generating interest within the information services profession–for example, using social media research to benefit your organization, accessing government information and putting it to use, or leveraging data to benefit the corporate sector. This is a sponsorship opportunity that has been proven to translate into lasting business relationships. What’s your area of expertise? Put it on display!
- Featured session promotion in Conference Preview and Conference Program
- Session promotion at the General Session on jumbo screens
- Social media and blog spotlight promotion of your organization and the session (include hyperlinked logo in blog post)
- Featured listing in Conference Pocket Guide, distributed on-site with logo placement
- Logo shown in online Planner next to session
- link to company Website
Convention Center Shuttle Buses (2 sponsor maximum)
Help SLA 2012 attendees get where they want to go at SLA 2012! Due to the distance between the McCormick Convention Center and the conference hotels, attendees will use shuttles to travel to and from their conference activities each day. Your brand will be the first thing they see when they leave their hotels in the morning and the last thing they see before they return–and they won’t forget who got them there!
- House Ad in Final Conference Program publicizing sponsorship and bus service
- Branded banners on outside of buses
- Signage at your booth
- On the jumbo screens prior to the opening session.
**Consider adding: branded headrest wraps on each bus for a total of $20,000
Plug-n-Charge Stations (4-sponsor maximum)
Investment: $6,000 each or $18,000 (exclusive) for 4 stations
Plug-n-Charge Stations offer full branding, LCD screens that include a video about the sponsor, and a variety of charging capabilities for phones and other hand-held electronics. These stations charge fast and are highly utilized at conventions and trade shows. Be the exclusive sponsor of the Plug-n-Charge stations and you’ll be recognized as a silver sponsor of SLA 2012–and four branded charging stations will be placed throughout the convention center in high-traffic spots.
- In conference Programs publicizing this service
- Include video of your choice
- Choose your placement in the convention center (where available)
SLA Marketplace (Exclusive)
Hundreds of conference attendees visit the SLA Marketplace each year to learn more about SLA, purchase industry books and other publications, and ask general questions about the programming. In 2012, they’ll be able to do even more–learn about your company and its products and services! You’ll stand out at this centrally located, oft-frequented booth, located in the registration area.
- Sponsor-handouts made available at the SLA Marketplace
- Signage at the SLA Marketplace
- Sponsor recognized in house-ad publicizing marketplace in final conference program
*CONSIDER ADDING: 1 Plug-n-Charge Station for $4,000 ($2,000 discount!) to charge up this sponsorship
INFO-EXPO Guide (Exclusive)
The INFO-EXPO Guide lists all conference exhibitors (with detailed descriptions and contact information) and includes a complete conference schedule and session descriptions. The guide is heavily utilized on-site by conference attendees and is used as a reference book throughout the year to later connect with vendors.
- Company name and logo on the front cover of the guide
- Full-page, color ad on the back cover of the guide
- Full-page ad within the guide
Annual Conference Pocket Guide
An item that was conceived as a convenience has become conference attendees’ most prized possession–and an opportunity for your organization to gain prominent exposure. Your logo will be featured on the front cover of the guide, and you can place a full-page ad on the inside cover (or a page of your choice). The guide will be used by thousands of attendees to navigate the conference for three days.
- Featured logo on front cover of guide
- Full page, color ad on inside front cover
SLA 2012 InfoPro Pads (Exclusive)
In response to attendee interest, notepads will be included in the conference tote bags to enable attendees to jot down session quotes and notes without having to fire up their laptops. Each page will recognize, and provide information about, the sponsoring organization. (Sponsor is responsible for designing and producing the InfoPro Pad).
- Customizable branding on each page of notepad
- Insert company materials (sponsor responsible)
- Option to include special ticket for prize in 4 of the notepads, and require attendee to visit sponsor booth to redeem
With so many sessions, events and activities on tap at SLA 2012, many attendees will walk a few miles a day during the Annual Conference. They’ll welcome the opportunity to rest their feet and receive a free massage, and you’ll benefit from the additional traffic at your booth. Sponsor will provide tickets to the Relaxation Station and representatives to distribute them.
- Recognition in the INFO-EXPO Guide
- 2 signs w/logo at registration
- 1 sign w/logo at the station location
- 1 sign w/logo at your Booth
Ice Cream Bar Break (Exclusive)
The Ice Cream Bar Break will take place on Monday, 16 June, from 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm. Refrigerated ice cream bar carts will be strategically placed throughout the EXPO hall. We will also place (2) two of the carts at your booth to keep the traffic focused on you. The carts will be self-serve and contain several ice cream bar selections.
- Recognition in the Info Expo Guide
- Recognition in the SLA Digital Conference Program
- Signage at your booth
- Signs on each cart with company name and logo
Conference Tote Bag (Exclusive)
What makes a conference attendee? A conference tote bag, of course. The bags are ubiquitous throughout the convention center and include the highly valued Conference Pocket Guide, the latest issue of Information Outlook, and information from certain supporting vendors. This is your opportunity to brand an item that is distributed to thousands, and to increase your visibility in the information services industry.
- Brand the bag as you wish and include your logo and Website information
Hotel Key Cards (Exclusive)
As the exclusive sponsor of the conference keycards, you’ll be “in the pocket” of every attendee. The Host hotels will hand a keycard with your company’s logo and slogan to every attendee registered at a specific hotel. Note: The sponsor will be responsible for design and any shipping fees.
- In conference programs publicizing this service
PREMIUM SPONSORSHIP ENHANCEMENTS
Enhance your recognition with these add-ons, made available to strengthen your connection with SLA 2012 attendees. You may also purchase these items individually.
The fastest growing segment of the show features private business suites where you can provide hospitality for your guests, customer planning sessions, and your own team meetings. When you’re finished, simply walk a few short steps outside to the show floor. You will have a key to the suite to lock and reopen as needed. SLA has pioneered this concept of private suites so you can do your business right on the show floor, yet away from the hustle-and-bustle of the hall. Includes furniture and tables.
- 2 signs outside of EXPO Suite
- Recognition in INFO-EXPO Guide
Window Clings (limit: 5) – 2 remaining
Guaranteed to increase your exhibit-success, these customizable stickers will be placed on the beautiful entrance hall windows of the McCormick Center to greet attendees as they enter. They will be displayed throughout the duration of the conference, and your commitment will make you a supporting sponsor of SLA!
Conference Bag Insert
Place your company’s marketing materials in the first and most prominent item that attendees receive on-site: the conference tote bag. These bags include the highly valued Pocket Guide and the latest issue of Information Outlook. Sponsors are responsible for designing and printing the inserts.
- Include educational or promotional literature in the Tote Bag
- Include booth # on the material or special discount for the first ‘X’ number of attendees to receive the insert and bring it by the sponsor’s booth
Nothing attracts weary conference attendees better than an empty seat. Delight attendees by giving them the chance to take a break while chatting with colleagues. A park bench will be located near your booth, and will include a double-sided sign next to the bench.
- Advertise your company in your booth aisle
- Leave literature on benches
CONTACT and INFO
We are always willing to tailor something to fit your specific needs. The SLA 2012 Annual Conference & INFO-EXPO is sure to be an exciting and memorable event in Chicago, and we look forward to working with you to maximize your success! For any questions or to discuss your sponsorship needs, contact John Walsh at 703.647.4917.